Antivirus for gateways
ESET NOD32 Antivirus for Linux/BSD/Solaris gateway devicesLinux, BSD, and Solaris have long been the platforms of choice for gateway servers, where reliability and responsiveness are paramount. ESET Gateway Security protects an organization's HTTP and FTP gateways against known and unknown viruses, worms, trojans, spyware, phishing and other Internet threats. Built upon ESET's powerful ThreatSense technology, ESET Gateway Security delivers both unprecedented scanning speed and unrivaled detection rates, while minimizing false-positives. ESET Gateway Security's small footprint and fast performance make it ideal for the performance demands placed on systems with heavy network traffic. ESET Gateway Security is your first line of defense against evolving threats.
- Latest ThreatSense Technology - ThreatSense technology Version 3.0 delivers sophisticated proactive protection and improved cleaning features.
- Support for Remote Administrator - Compatible with ESET Remote Administrator.
- Supported Platforms - Supported platforms now include Solaris 10, NetBSD 4, FreeBSD 5 and 6, Linux Kernel 2.2, 2.4 and 2.6.
- Smaller Update Files - Core optimization reduces the size of update files and improves protection against corrupted update files.
- 64-bit Systems Support - Native support for 64-bit systems (excluding Intel Itanium IA-64).
- HTTP and FTP anti-virus and anti-spyware scanning by transparent proxy modules - All inbound and outbound web traffic is automatically checked for signs of known and new malware using ESET's powerful ThreatSense scanning engine.
- SafeSquid Proxy cache plug-in - ESET Gateway Security offers anti-malware scanning to protect Gateway services using the SafeSquid Internet proxy.
- Pre-defined Actions - Allows administrators to define a set of actions to be taken based on scan results. These actions can be blocking of the message and replacing it with a predefined webpage template, and so forth.
- Partial scan technique - Partial scanning ensures safety and high performance for large HTTP object downloads.
- Multi-Processor Support - Supports single processor and multi-processor units.
- Improved Daemon - Increased stability and scanning efficiency.
- User Specific Configuration - Administrator can set specific scanner parameters on a per-user basis.
- Web-Based Interface - User-friendly, web-based administration interface.
System RequirementsProcessor Architecture: i386 (Intel 80386), amd64 (x86_64)
Kernel version 2.2.x, 2.4.x or 2.6.x, glibc 2.2.5 or higher
Version 5.x, 6.x or 7.x
Memory: 32 MB Disk Space: 20 MB for installation plus additional disk space for temporary files