How do I disable my ESET security product from notifying me about Windows updates
By default, your ESET security product notifies you when there are updates available for your operating system. You can modify or disable these notifications by following the steps below:
- Open the main program window by clicking the icon next to your system clock or by clicking Start - All Programs - ESET - ESET Smart Security or ESET NOD32 Antivirus.
- Press the F5 key to open the Advanced Setup window.
- From the Advanced Setup tree on the left, click Tools - System updates.
- Select your preferred notification setting from the drop-down menu and click OK to close the Advanced Setup window.
- To return the Protection status to Maximum Protection (green), click Protection status from the main menu and then click here in the Operating system is not up to date message.
- When the System updates window opens, click Run system update and then either update your operating system or close the Windows update window.