How do I upgrade my ESET security product from the trial version to the full version
To upgrade your trial version of ESET NOD32 Antivirus to the full version, follow the step-by-step instructions below. After upgrading, please allow 24-48 hours for the new expiration date to display. If you have already purchased a license, skip to step 4.
- Open the main program window by clicking the ESET icon next to the system clock or by clicking Start - All Programs - ESET - ESET NOD32 Antivirus.
- Click Protection Status from the main menu on the left and then click Purchase full version...
- Once you have completed the purchasing process, you will receive an email with a new username and password (usually within 1 hour).
- You do not need to reinstall the software. From the main program window, click Update and then click Upgrade to full version... ESET NOD32 Antivirus will attempt to download the latest virus signature update and will also display the License details window.
- Enter the new username and password which were sent to you upon purchase of your license.
NOTE: Please remember to enter your username and password exactly as they are written.
-The username and password are case sensitive and the hyphen in the username is necessary
-The password is ten characters long and all lowercase
-If you are copying and pasting, make sure you don't select an extra blank space
-We do not use the letter L in passwords (use the number one (1) instead)
-A big '0' is the number zero (0), a little 'o' is the lowercase letter o
- Click OK. If your username and password were entered correctly, you will be upgraded to the full version and the virus signature database update will complete successfully. Please allow 24-48 hours after entering your new username and password for the new expiration date to display.