I cannot connect to the Internet after installing ESET Smart Security
Occasionally after installing ESET Smart Security, the false-positive detection of certain system processes can cause a temporary loss of internet connection. Please follow the steps below to configure your ESET Smart Security Personal firewall to prevent the false-positive detections and restore your internet connection:
- Open the main program window by clicking the ESET icon next to the system clock or by clicking Start - All Programs - ESET - ESET Smart Security.
- Press the F5 key to display the Advanced Setup window.
- From the Advanced Setup tree on the left, click Personal firewall - IDS and advanced options.
- In the Intrusion detection section, deselect the following options:
- ARP Poisoning attack detection
- DNS Poisoning attack detection
- TCP Desynchronization attack detection
- Reverse TCP Desynchronization attack detection
NOTE: These attacks occur between the client and DNS/ARP authority and are not a risk for users with a NAT device. Deslecting the above options will not pose a risk to users with a router, Wi-Fi, or other local NAT device.
- Click OK to confirm the changes and return to the main program window.