Why am I repeatedly prompted for my username and password
ESET Smart Security and ESET NOD32 Antivirus automatically checks for new updates, and are updated often with new virus definitions and occasional program component upgrades. The update will fail if your username or password is invalid or entered incorrectly. If you are upgrading your ESET security product from the trial version to the full version, please allow 24-48 hours after entering your new username and password for the new expiration date to display. You can make sure the username and password information is correct by following the steps below.
- Open the main program window by clicking the ESET icon next to the system clock or by clicking Start - All Programs - ESET - ESET Smart Security or ESET NOD32 Antivirus.
- From the main menu, click Setup - Username and Password setup....
- Remove BOTH the username and the password, and re-type them from the license you received during purchase of the product.
- From the main menu, click Update - Update virus signature database (make sure you are connected to the Internet).
- If you are not prompted for your username and password, they have been entered correctly. If you are prompted for your username and password, click Cancel and repeat steps 2 and 3. Make sure you are logged in as administrator, or have administrator privileges.
-The username and password are case sensitive and the hyphen in the username is necessary
-The password is ten characters long and all lowercase
-If you are copying and pasting, make sure you don't select an extra blank space
-We do not use the letter L in passwords (use the number one (1) instead)
-A big '0' is the number zero (0), a little 'o' is the lowercase letter o
Maintaining current virus definitions and program updates is the most important aspect of any security software. Always check to make sure your antivirus solution is up-to-date to ensure continued protection..
If you are still unable to update, please check your license to verify that the username and password you are trying to use is valid